Age from 16 years
Available places YES
Duration 30 hours
Online registration is closed. Please add your name to the Waiting list so that you will be contacted when the course is next available.
|Arabic Conversation - Level 1 (Online)|
From Sep 21st to Nov 23rd, 2023
Thursday 18:00 to 21:00, room VIR-Non-CR Non-Credit (Online)
Group number F23-570001-1
Intended Learning Outcomes:
- Introduce the students, who have basic or no prior knowledge of Arabic, to the Arabic alphabet, short and long vowels, greetings vocabulary, phonology rules, and writing skills.
- Introduce yourself and a family member and/or a friend. Express your feeling, likes and dislikes, knowing the names of Arabic countries and cities. Using simple verbs and vary tenses (present-past) according to the situation.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Carry on simple conversation in Arabic and write basic sentences.
- Vocabulary activities
- Modelling and practising short conversations
- Pair and group activities
- Pronunciation activities
- Listening activities (listening for short audios for conversation)
- Reading activities (skimming and scanning tasks)
- Grammar activities
- Headphones and an external microphone
- High-speed stable internet connection
- Access to a computer with a minimum of Windows 7 or Mac G5
- Title: Arabic for Beginners: A Guide to Modern Standard Arabic
- Author: Sarah Risha
- Price: Approximately around $14.99 CDN
- Available at: E- Book (Kindle Edition)
**Purchase should only be made after the first class.