[dc:highlight color="green"]This course will be given online using Zoom video conference.There are no in-person classes.[/dc:highlight]Prerequisite:
1. In this course students will develop basic language skills.
2. The course will focus on oral comprehension and expression.
3. The course content includes grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation at an elementary level. This includes the alphabet, numbers, the verbs "to be" and "to have", including questions and negative forms, as well as greeting and presentation forms.
4. The course aims to develop essential communication skills and knowledge of the Italian language and culture.
5. At the end of the course the student will be able to have a simple conversation in Italian and to communicate with basic written messages.Intended Learning Outcomes:
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
1. Carry on simple conversation in Italian and write basic sentences.Methodology:
• QuestionsRequired Material:
• Headphones and an external microphone
• High speed stable internet connection
• Access to a computer with a minimum of Windows 7 or Mac G5
• E-Book (s) : (to be purchased after the first class)2 Books to Purchase : Book 1 : Title :
Italian Now! Level 1: L'italiano d'oggi! Author :
Marcel Danesi Price :
approximate price of $21.77 CDN ($13.99 Kindle Edition) Available at :
Hard Coverhttps://www.amazon.ca/Italian-Now-Level-Litaliano-doggi/dp/1438000065 Book 2 : Title :
Short stories in Italian Author :
Olly Richards Price :
approximate price of $14.84 CDN ($7.99 Kindle Edition) Available at :