[dc:highlight color="green"]This course will be given online using Zoom video conference.There are no in-person classes.[/dc:highlight]Prerequisite:
Italian Level 1 or basic grammar knowledgeOverall Goals:
1. In this course students will develop intermediate language skills.
2. The course will focus on oral comprehension and expression.
3. The course content includes grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation at an intermediate level. This includes the adjectives, pronouns, the verbs in the 3 conjugations, adverbs, conversational forms in different contest.
4. The course aims to develop intermediate communication skills and knowledge of the Italian language and culture.
5. At the end of the course the student will be able to have a simple conversation using structured elaborated sentences in Italian and to communicate with more advanced written messages.Intended Learning Outcomes:
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
1. Carry on intermediate conversation in Italian and write structured sentences.Methodology:
• QuestionsRequired Material:
• Headphones and an external microphone
• High speed stable internet connection
• Access to a computer with a minimum of Windows 7 or Mac G5
• E-Book (s) : (to be purchased after the first class)2 Books to Purchase : Book 1 : Title :
Italian Now! Level 1: L'italiano d'oggi! Author :
Marcel Danesi Price :
approximate price of $21.77 CDN ($13.99 Kindle Edition) Available at :
Hard Coverhttps://www.amazon.ca/Italian-Now-Level-Litaliano-doggi/dp/1438000065 Book 2 : Title :
Short stories in Italian for intermediate Author :
Olly Richards Price :
approximate price of $14.84 CDN ($12.99 Kindle Edition) Available at :