[dc:highlight color="green"]This course will be given online using Zoom video conference.There are no in-person classes.[/dc:highlight]Prerequisite:
1. In this course students will develop basic language skills.
2. The course will focus on oral comprehension and expression.
3. The course content includes grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation at an elementary level. This includes the alphabets (hiragana and katakana), numbers, the verbs, including questions and negative forms, as well as greeting.
4. The course aims to develop essential communication skills and knowledge of the Japanese language and culture. Intended Learning Outcomes:
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
Have a simple conversation in Japanese.Methodology:
• Alphabets (Hiragana and Katakana)Required Material:
• Headphones and an external microphone
• High speed stable internet connection
• Access to a computer with a minimum of Windows 7 or Mac G5
• E-Book: (to be purchased after the first class) Title :
Marugoto: Japanese language and culture “Starter A1” “Rikai" Author :
Japan Foundation (Hiromi Kijima; Tomoyo Shibahara; Naomi Hatta)t Price :
approximate price of $43 CDN ($37 Kindle Edition) Available at :